Companion, partner; perhaps a version of the word "brother".
Buddy has a fun sound to it, and represents a down-to-earth owner who doesn't take life too seriously.
Dogs named Buddy tend to be good-natured, loyal, affectionate, and loving. This name is also associated with intelligence, and companionship.
Naming your dog Buddy suggests that you are a friendly and loyal person who values companionship.
Buddy has two syllables, which is highly recommended by dog trainers. The name also ends in a vowel sound, so it's easy for dogs to recognize. Buddy is a widely loved dog name for good reason. If you like it, go for it!
Buddy is found in these categories:
- Buddy ranks #24 with users of PupNames.com.
- Buddy ranks #9 in the New York City Dog Name Database.
- Buddy ranks #5 in the Los Angeles Times 'Top Dogs'.
Buddy is one of the more popular dog names out there. According to our data, Buddy outranks the great majority of names.
Most popular breeds named Buddy:
- Labrador Retriever
- German Shepherd
- Golden Retriever
- Cocker Spaniel
Get special treats for Buddy!
- A golden retriever named Buddy played a role in the movie Air Bud.
- A bloodhound named Buddy played a role in the movie Cats & Dogs.