Dogs named Asta tend to be loving, loyal, affectionate, and resilient. This name is also associated with companionship, and beauty.
Naming your dog Asta suggests that you are a fan of classic films and literature. Asta is the name of the famous terrier in the 1934 film The Thin Man, and is also the name of a character in the novel The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare.
Asta has two syllables, which is highly recommended by dog trainers. The name also ends in a vowel sound, so it's easy for dogs to recognize. Asta isn't one of the most common names, so your dog will certainly stand out. If you love the name, you should pick it!
Asta is found in these categories:
- Asta ranks #1,163 with users of PupNames.com.
- Asta ranks #1,221 in the New York City Dog Name Database.
- Asta ranks #1,263 in the Los Angeles Times 'Top Dogs'.
Asta is not a popular dog name. That's great if you like to stand out from the crowd!
In the past week, Asta was viewed 53 times, and liked 6 times.
Most popular breeds named Asta:
- German Shepherd
- Wire Fox Terrier
- Labrador Retriever
- Standard Schnauzer
- Queensland Heelers
Get special treats for Asta!Want cute doggy products for dogs named Asta?
Join our email list and we'll keep you updated!
- A wire fox terrier named Asta played a role in the movie Thin Man.
- A wire fox terrier named Asta featured in the television show The Thin Man.