Man-like, or brave
Dogs named Andy tend to be good-natured, affectionate, loving, and brave. This name is also associated with companionship.
Andy has two syllables, which is highly recommended by dog trainers. The name also ends in a vowel sound, so it's easy for dogs to recognize. Andy isn't one of the most common names, so your dog will certainly stand out. If you love the name, you should pick it!
Andy is found in these categories:
- Andy ranks #738 with users of PupNames.com.
- Andy ranks #258 in the New York City Dog Name Database.
- Andy ranks #314 in the Los Angeles Times 'Top Dogs'.
Andy is not a popular dog name. That's great if you like to stand out from the crowd!
Most popular breeds named Andy:
- Labrador Retriever
- Cocker Spaniel
- German Shepherd
Get special treats for Andy!Want cute doggy products for dogs named Andy?
Join our email list and we'll keep you updated!
- A st. bernard named Andy appeared in the comic book Mark Trail by Ed Dodd.
- A chihuahua named Andy appeared in the comic book Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis.