From The Flower
Dogs named Poppy tend to be strong-willed, good-natured, industrious, and affectionate. This feminine name is also associated with intelligence, and companionship.
Poppy has two syllables, which is highly recommended by dog trainers. The name also ends in a vowel sound, so it's easy for dogs to recognize. Poppy is a widely loved dog name for good reason. If you like it, go for it!
Poppy is found in these categories:
- Poppy ranks #50 with users of PupNames.com.
- Poppy ranks #363 in the New York City Dog Name Database.
- Poppy ranks #354 in the Los Angeles Times 'Top Dogs'.
Poppy is one of the more popular dog names out there. According to our data, Poppy outranks the great majority of names.
Most popular breeds named Poppy:
- Labrador Retriever
- Chow Chow
- Cocker Spaniel
Get special treats for Poppy!
- A chihuahua named Poppy played a role in the movie Mars Attacks!.
- A chihuahua named Poppy played a role in the movie Easy Virtue.