Diminutive Form Of Alexander Or Sandra
Dogs named Sandy tend to be good-natured, affectionate, and loving. This name is also associated with companionship, and empathy.
Sandy has two syllables, which is highly recommended by dog trainers. The name also ends in a vowel sound, so it's easy for dogs to recognize. Sandy is a widely loved dog name for good reason. If you like it, go for it!
Sandy is found in these categories:
- Sandy ranks #131 with users of PupNames.com.
- Sandy ranks #54 in the New York City Dog Name Database.
- Sandy ranks #40 in the Los Angeles Times 'Top Dogs'.
Sandy is one of the more popular dog names out there. According to our data, Sandy outranks the great majority of names.
Most popular breeds named Sandy:
- Labrador Retriever
- German Shepherd
- Golden Retriever
- Cocker Spaniel
Get special treats for Sandy!Want cute doggy products for dogs named Sandy?
Join our email list and we'll keep you updated!
- A airedale named Sandy appeared in the comic book Little Orphan Annie by Harold Gray.
- A airedale terrier named Sandy played a role in the movie Annie.