Leader, commander, governor of a province
Dogs named Duke tend to be good-natured, loyal, affectionate, and loving. This name is also associated with intelligence, and companionship.
Duke is a one-syllable dog name, making it short and snappy. The name also ends in a vowel sound, so it's easy for dogs to recognize. Duke is a widely loved dog name for good reason. If you like it, go for it!
Duke is found in these categories:
- Duke ranks #25 with users of PupNames.com.
- Duke ranks #56 in the New York City Dog Name Database.
- Duke ranks #19 in the Los Angeles Times 'Top Dogs'.
Duke is one of the more popular dog names out there. According to our data, Duke outranks the great majority of names.
Most popular breeds named Duke:
- German Shepherd
- Labrador Retriever
- American Pitbull Terrier
Get special treats for Duke!Want cute doggy products for dogs named Duke?
Join our email list and we'll keep you updated!
- A dog named Duke appeared in the comic book Kelly & Duke by Jack Moore.
- A great dane named Duke played a role in the movie Bathing Beauty.
- A english mastiff named Duke played a role in the movie The Quiet American.
- A great dane named Duke played a role in the movie Seven Pounds.
- A dog named Duke played a role in the movie The Swiss Family Robinson.
- A bloodhound named Duke featured in the television show The Beverly Hillbillies.
- A sheepdog named Duke played a role in the movie Barnyard.
- A dog named Duke played a role in the movie The Secret Life of Pets.
- A dog named Duke featured in the television show Captain N: The Game Master.
- A sheepdog named Duke featured in the television show Back at the Barnyard.