type genus of the family Pongidae: orangutans
Dogs named Pongo tend to be loving, good-natured, and industrious. This name is also associated with companionship.
Naming your dog Pongo suggests that you have a sense of humor and enjoy classic Disney movies. It also suggests that you are a loyal and loving pet owner.
Pongo has two syllables, which is highly recommended by dog trainers. The name also ends in a vowel sound, so it's easy for dogs to recognize. Pongo isn't one of the most common names, so your dog will certainly stand out. If you love the name, you should pick it!
Pongo is found in these categories:
- Pongo ranks #782 with users of PupNames.com.
- Pongo ranks #967 in the New York City Dog Name Database.
- Pongo ranks #377 in the Los Angeles Times 'Top Dogs'.
Pongo is not a popular dog name. That's great if you like to stand out from the crowd!
In the past week, Pongo was viewed 105 times, and liked 2 times.
Most popular breeds named Pongo:
- Labrador Retriever
- German Shepherd
- Cocker Spaniel
Get special treats for Pongo!Want cute doggy products for dogs named Pongo?
Join our email list and we'll keep you updated!
- A dalmatian named Pongo was a character in the book The Hundred and One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith.
- A dalmatians named Pongo played a role in the movie 101 Dalmatians.