Wealthy guardian; diminutive of Edward
Eddie has a fun sound to it, and represents a down-to-earth owner who doesn't take life too seriously.
Dogs named Eddie tend to be loving, good-natured, strong-willed, and industrious. This name is also associated with companionship.
Naming your dog Eddie suggests that you have a sense of humor and enjoy giving your pet a unique name. It also suggests that you are creative and enjoy thinking outside the box.
Eddie has two syllables, which is highly recommended by dog trainers. The name also ends in a vowel sound, so it's easy for dogs to recognize. Eddie isn't one of the most common names, so your dog will certainly stand out. If you love the name, you should pick it!
Eddie is found in these categories:
- Eddie ranks #520 with users of PupNames.com.
- Eddie ranks #267 in the New York City Dog Name Database.
- Eddie ranks #309 in the Los Angeles Times 'Top Dogs'.
Eddie is not a popular dog name. That's great if you like to stand out from the crowd!
In the past week, Eddie was viewed 110 times, and liked 4 times.
Most popular breeds named Eddie:
- Labrador Retriever
- Jack Russell Terrier
- German Shepherd
Get special treats for Eddie!Want cute doggy products for dogs named Eddie?
Join our email list and we'll keep you updated!
- A labrador retriever named Eddie played a role in the movie The Fabulous Baker Boys.
- A jack russell terrier named Eddie featured in the television show Frasier.
- A australian shepherd & siberian husky named Eddie featured in the television show 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd.
- A generic small dog named Eddie played a role in the movie Rover Dangerfield.